“This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other equally. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad. Now all of you together are Christ’s body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it.” – 1 Corinthians 12:25-27
“Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.” – Colossians 3:16
“Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.” – Hebrews 10:23-25
The Christian life is meant to be lived together. We are meant to follow Jesus together. This is why we are starting small groups at Buchanan Christian Church. As a member of a small group you will be able to:
- Give the care of Christ to the other members of your group, and receive the care of Christ from the other members as well (1 Cor. 12).
- Share in the words of Christ with your group, teaching and counseling each other as you study the Scriptures together (Col. 3).
- Encourage each other toward love and good deeds (Heb. 10).
In these ways and more, you will grow as a follower of Jesus, and you will help the whole body of Christ at BCC grow, by being an active and faithful member of a small group.
Small groups will begin at BCC on Sunday October 8 and will be held on Sunday evenings from 5:45 to 7:15/7:30 at the church building. When you come, bring a dish to share as part of a light carry-in dinner. The food will be in the fellowship hall, but groups will eat together in their respective rooms as part of their fellowship time.
Four small-groups are available for you to choose from:
- “Growing a Godly Marriage” small group led by Phil & Jennie Brackett
- “Growing in Christ” small group led by Phil & Dale Weldy
- “Growing as Women of God” small group led by Brandy Babcock
- “Growing as Men of God’ small group led by Nate Babcock
You can sign-up for one of these groups in one of two ways: 1) Use the sign-up sheets available in the church foyer. 2) Email Nate at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know which group you want to join.